Traffic Management Plans, Road Occupancy Licences and Council Permits.

One of our most popular CATO services is providing Traffic Management Plans (TMPs), Road Occupancy Licences (ROLs) and Council Permits to our clients. We provide these services to Film and TV productions, Events and Civil projects intending to conduct work on the road. 

Traffic Management Plans

In the instance that your event, civil project or filming will impact the usual conditions of traffic, you will need a Traffic Management Plan, also known as a TMP. The TMP provides a detailed outline of the traffic management services which will be conducted. This covers everything from traffic detours, road closures, bus re-routes and pedestrian access.

Traffic Guidance Schemes

A Traffic Guidance Scheme, also known as a TGS, is a crucial element of the Traffic Management Plan and is included within the larger document. A TGS is a visual map outlining the placement of traffic controllers, traffic supervisors, signage and road closures. The TGS is what our crew of qualified traffic controllers will follow when they arrive on location and begin work.

Road Occupancy Licences

In many cases, a Road Occupancy Licence or ROL will also be required. A ROL is necessary when conducting work on any state or regional road, or if your planned work site is within 100 metres of a traffic light. To obtain a Road Occupancy Licence, an application must be submitted and 10 business days should be allowed before it is approved.

CATO frequently complete the ROL application process as a service to our Film and TV, Events and Construction Industry clients. When our Traffic Management team arrive on-site, the supervisor will be responsible for activating and deactivating the ROL at the beginning and end of the shift.

Council Permits

For Traffic Control and Pedestrian Control work, a Council Permit is occasionally required. When working with our team in the initial stages of planning, your CATO account manager will be able to advise you when a Council Permit is required. However, for the barricading of parking spaces, it is more common that you will require a Council Permit. CATO can assist you in obtaining one.

Once we are aware of the parking spaces desired to be saved by the client, CATO will contact the council and apply for a permit. When our parking barricaders arrive on location they will then use the approved Council Permit to know which parking spaces to claim. It is also sometimes necessary to show the Council Permit to local residents or businesses who are impacted by the Filming, Event or Civil project taking place.

Traffic Control Signs
Construction Traffic Services
Entertainment Traffic Services